Main Forum

Hiring an artist for logo/branding for youtube channel

8 replies
Untagged users
I doubt I can pay market prices, but if you are looking to freelance a little work and are willing to deal with an old curmudgeon like myself, I am hiring for real money dollars, an artist.

What I need:

- A logo/branding for my YouTube channel. Something as simple as a character or a thumbnail will do.

I need something that speaks to my channel, which is a Let's Play/Misc channel that plays mostly RPG's that are difficult/blind/not fun for your average player.

Possibly a caricature of my real life face with the trappings of a communist or fascist military leader would be cool. I know that sounds very icky politically and socially, but I identify my gamer self with those people. Cutesy is not a style that would define me or my style.

This is could turn into a partnership where we work together for more than one project. This project to me is just a hobby for fun. My channel has maybe 15 subscribers as of yet, and I'm not branding it in order to get more viewers. I am merely using this as a kind of 'scrapbook/journal' in my gaming life. I actually am so conceited and self centered that I like watching myself do things I've already done before. Hah. (that's not a joke ;))

Thank you for your consideration.

Kevin (klisek at comcast dot net)
thekdawg21 on Steam (probably the quickest way to get ahold of me)
Posted Nov 9, 14 · OP
Untagged users
After further consideration, I've been advised not to do any sort of War themed logo, and instead merely my face with a gasmask on.

I'm a history nerd with my knowledge placed in the early/middle 1900s which are the WWI and WWII eras. And then the Roman/Greek times. I wasn't trying to show that I am some kind of neo nazi or communist, I'm your standard socially liberal American with a smattering of fiscally conservative ideas.

I had an idea that the caricature would be anti-bad guy but also show that I play games for a style of fun that most folks do not enjoy. As a friend of mine said, "(Kevin) doesn't enjoy fun. He only enjoys games unless they give him (a disease) as well."
Posted Nov 9, 14 · OP
Untagged users
I've referred your request to an artist friend of mine. She's in dungeons atm, and generally busy. Plus she has a queue for commissions (she's talented at a professional level). She says she thinks it would be $20/hour to do a design for you.

Hopefully she'll get to you via Steam when she has a minute.

(She did the painting that I have as my avatar to the left here).
bye4i.jpg
Posted Nov 9, 14 · Last edited Nov 9, 14 by Donari
Untagged users
Fantastic, thanks Issaela!
Posted Nov 9, 14 · OP
Untagged users
I don't have anything to add since my artstyle would probably be too cutesy for what you are looking for. But your original idea really reminds me of a let's player I watch called Dastalinator (https://www.youtube.com/user/DaStalinator/featured) And he has Stalin posted all over his site with over 20k subs. But he also does a lot of vlogs expressing his more conservative views along with a lot of strategy Let's Plays (and no he is not a communist). Just food for thought. *shrugs*
Posted Nov 10, 14
Untagged users
Oooh that you as well for the information Lilyia. I have that link as a secondary if Issaela's friend doesn't come through. Thank you so much! If you don't mind free attempts, Lilyia, I would certainly try yours too. Cutesy might work too, I changed my mind. It's a mans perogative. I can send you a few pictures of myself if you like
Posted Nov 10, 14 · OP
Untagged users
Well I have a lot of different styles I can do. I'm pretty flexible and willing to try anything once. I would be able to do a free sketch. Probably the only thing I will mention is that I do this as a hobby (which means I am cheap), so if you are REALLY particular I'm probably not the best artist for you. I also got a lot of stuff going on IRL so stress free is what I am aiming for. :) But I am willing to give a try, you can just PM me. References are a big help so attach those in there if you really looking for a particular style.
Posted Nov 10, 14
Untagged users
Well, a bit of text doesn't hurt and I can't tell if I'm stress full or stress free. I do know that I really like a lot of different art, and I'm easy to please. I have a specific idea in my head, so I'll start with that. And yes, it will be a paying job.
Posted Nov 11, 14 · OP
Untagged users
Nothing has worked out so far, noone is willing to do a very simple avatar for pay. *sigh* I'll keep trying here until someone takes the bait :)
Posted Dec 9, 14 · OP
NoticeNotices